Man shot dead by police at railway station named

17 hours ago 2

PA Media Blue forensic tent at railway station with police cars parked nearby. The concourse, labelled MK Central, is visiblePA Media

A police investigation continues into the incident at Milton Keynes railway station

A man shot dead by police officers at Milton Keynes railway station has been named.

David Joyce, 38, was from the city and was killed on Tuesday after police responded to reports of a man with a gun at the station. It later emerged he was carrying a knife.

Thames Valley Police said a single shot was fired by one officer and Mr Joyce was given first aid, but died at the scene.

The force referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), which named Mr Joyce and is carrying out an investigation into the case.

The IOPC said Mr Joyce was formally identified at a post-mortem examination on Thursday morning. The provisional cause of his death was a single gunshot wound to the abdomen.

The watchdog added that it had already viewed a "substantial amount" of CCTV and police body-worn camera footage of the incident.

The investigation team said all officers who attended the scene were being treated as witnesses.

Statements were being taken from members of the public who were at the station at the time and more CCTV footage is being obtained from nearby buildings.


Read Entire Article
Progleton News @2023